A soy-based food that’s made from curdling soy milk and forming it into a solid block. Tofu is a great source of plant-based protein that can be used in all sorts of ways. It’s a great addition to vegetarian and vegan diets, but even if you’re a meat eater, I urge you to try it. Tofu can be used as a meat substitute or as something unique and delicious in its own right! The following recipe is as simple ( and healthy ) as it gets - plus it is super delicious.
- extra firm I package tofu
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 stalks broccoli ( florets only )
- 1 ( each ) red, green and yellow bell pepper
- 2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 bay leaves dried
- low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a large pan bring 4 cups water to a boil, Add rice and two bay leaves. Simmer low covered. Cook until all eater is absorbed.
- Drain tofu with paper towels and gentle squeeze as much of the excess liquid from tofu.
- Cut tofu into cubes and coat all sides with cornstarch. The cornstarch gives a very
crispy texture once fried. Once coated fry tofu on all sides until until crispy.
- Clean and julienne peppers. Set aside Cut broccoli in pieces
- Once tofu has been prepared, remove from pan and sauté vegetables Sauté together
in a pan
- Note you can add onion, garlic and red chili pepper for added flavor and spice.
- Serve sautéed vegetables with tofu over rice and drizzle soy sauce or teriyaki sauce