Over the years, our family Christmas dinners spent at my Uncle Carmen’s house would include a first course of pasta with his recipe of a winter sauce.
He gave me his recipe several years ago, and whenever I make it, it brings back great memories So flavorful and delicious!
Take a look at the below video and give it a try.
- 32 ounces fresh canned tomatoes
- 4 ounces pancetta ( cubed in small pieces )
- 2 cups carrots ( diced )
- 2 cups of celery ( diced ) include leaves for added flavor
- 2 cups onion ( diced )
- 2 -3 tablespoons dried rosemary that has been pulverized into a very fine powder
- 1lb of penne or bucatini pasta
- in a large heavy sauce pan combine carrots, celery, onion and tomato. Let simmer for
about an hour.
- Once vegetable have been cooked in the tomato sauce, use a immersion handheld
blender to puree mixture. ( set aside )
- in a separate sauce pan sauté pancetta until rendered and slightly crispy. Add
rosemary and sauté for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add tomato - vegetable mixture and stir to combine.. Let simmer for 5 minutes before
serving over pasta.